Fly Me to the Races
Arrive in style at the races by helicopter…
- Blue Sky is the longest established locally owned & operated helicopter company based at Sydney Airport. The closest heliport to the city, beaches and harbour. As a locally owned business dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service, you are dealing directly with us. Our heart and passion for showcasing Sydney (and its magnificent surrounds) can’t be outdone!
- Worlds first Multi-camera high definition 16 x 9 filming of your actual flight. As with all the camera systems we have developed over the years, We are always striving to lift the bar.
- Our latest system can’t be surpassed as we are now offering (and are the only company in the world to do so) switchable multi-camera High Definition 16 x 9 filming of your actual flight (complete with pilot narration, choreographed stereo music (using top of the line Bose A20 headsets) & Pilot/Air Traffic Control interaction).
- The film of your flight can be taken home on a USB stick with you straight after the flight.
- With our first system, custom built in 1999, we are the leaders in onboard (real-time edit) Helicam in Australia. Blue Sky pioneered the original broadcast quality Helicam systems in Australia, now we’ve perfected it. Not one of our competitors offers the above High Definition recording system. Just Blue Sky!
- For all flights, we guarantee you the most reliable choice in helicopters flown by experienced and knowledgeable pilots.
- It’s all about the view! We operate the only R44 helicopter in the world with full surround view panoramic doors.
- A commitment to our industry & our clients, we are constantly reinvesting into our business. We own all our helicopters and all our photographic / filming equipment including high definition camera systems and gyro stabilised camera mounts.
- From your initial contact with Blue Sky Helicopters, you will find an innovative and dynamic company with a friendly welcome and impeccable service extended to clients from Sydney and from around the world.
- Return transfers from the City to Blue Sky Helicopters for just $80 each way (Ford G6E Falcon or corporate van). Or for that really special occasion UPGRADE to a Mercedes S Class or a BMW 7 series chauffeured car for an additional $95 each way.
- For those making their own way to the Heliport, we have FREE parking right outside our door.
- Cafe Sydney is acknowledged as one of the centerpieces of Sydney dining, situated on the top floor of the heritage listed Customs House, you’ll enjoy a spectacular Harbour backdrop and the culinary delights of Executive Chef James Kidman and his kitchen team.
- Cuisine: Modern Australian a la carte menu with a seasonal, produce-driven approach and a special focus on seafood. Cost is an additional $120pp. (all year round except 14th Feb & 31st December – All bookings subject to?availability).
- HOTEL OPTION…
In conjunction with the prestigious 5-Star Sydney Intercontinental Hotel, We are pleased to announce our & fantastic Fly & Stay package… Exclusive to Blue Sky Helicopters, we have negotiated a great deal for our passengers to dine at Cafe Sydney (option) & then stay the night in the 5-star Sydney Intercontinental Hotel.
- Positioned on the edge of the worlds most stunning harbour and a moments walk from the famous Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardens and Harbour Bridge, hotel prices start from $350 per night. Contact us to discuss options.
Discounted Internet Rates
How many passengers do you want to book for?
- The Bell LongRanger helicopter has 6 passenger seats. Our standard configuration is for 5 passengers, 1 passenger in the front next to the pilot and 4 in the main cabin. However for ‘Share with Others’ bookings operate to a maximum of six (6) seats sold per flight. You will travel in either the R44 helicopter (pilot and up to 3 passengers), or the Bell LongRanger helicopter (pilot and up to 6 passengers).
- Internet Rates are discounted from our full brochure rates found in all City Hotels and are given on the basis of direct bookings only (i.e. No 3rd party commissions are payable). Limited time pricing is subject to change without notice. Multi-passenger discounts may not be applicable to all flight options.
- DEPARTURE POINT: Heliport, 462 Ross Smith Ave, Sydney Airport. If you are coming in your own vehicle you can park for FREE outside our building. City transfers take just 20-minutes & are available from $80 each way (total cost for up to 4 passengers).
- WHAT TO BRING: A camera/phone if you wish. We will also take pictures of you (with your camera/phone) that can be uploaded to your Facebook account after the flight! Sunscreen in the summer & a lightweight jacket or sweater in the cooler months.
- HELI-CAM: Your flight will be recorded on our first in the world, state of the art High Definition Helicam system. Take home (optional purchase) the ultimate memento of your experience with Blue Sky! Click here to find out more.